How to use Google My Business Online Webinar
Join Caiden Media at this free online webinar to learn more about how to use Google My Business to improve your local SEO.
Through this online event, Caiden Media looks to educate businesses about getting their business presence on Google Search & Google Map. It’s a free feature on Google which every business should take advantage of. Whether you’re already on Google Maps or a new business trying to get on Google Maps, we’ll be talking about all the details of how to add your business on Google and also improve rankings.
Webinar Outline (Download PDF)
Create / Claim Your Google My Business
- Login Gmail account
- Visit business.google.com/create
- Search for your business name.
– Create a business with this name —> There is no existing listing —> Create your listing
– See business name with address —> Click on it to claim
– if the listing already claimed, follow the steps to request access
– How to claim the listing
– Contact My Business Provider
Optimize Your Google My Business / Local SEO
What is Local SEO?
– In basic terms, local SEO means improving your local ranking online in order to promote your business or products to the customers in your area. Local customers usually use map features to find local businesses. More than 90% of the search market is taken over by Google, so the main focus of Local SEO is also focused on optimizing your GMB.
– Google’s Local 3-Pack
How to improve rankings using GMB dashboard
- Business info
– Enter complete information about your business ( NAP, business hours)
– Add up to 10 categories related to your business
– Encourage clients to leave detailed reviews
– Respond to all the reviews ( Positive & Negative )
– Add real photos of your business, avoid stock images
– Add Google Virtual Tour ( DIY or Contact Google Trusted Photographer )
– Add Updates, Offers, or Events
– Use keyword within the post content
– Link back to your website
– New: Add COVID-19 updates
– New: Get support from customers during COVID-19
– Active message platform from GMB app on Mobile ( currently not available on GMB desktop)
– Reply messages ASAP
- Services & Products
– Add services & products you provide
– Get access to data about how customers search for your business.
How to improving rankings through external sources
– Add business to different directories
– NAP syndication: Make sure the Name, Address, Phone number, and business hours are the same everywhere.
- Create GEO Sitemap and add it to your Search Console